Recently I came across these truths during my time with Jesus:
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him. (Lamentations 3,21-24)
Isaiah was walking through the ruins of Jerusalem as the Babylonians had just finished destroying the walls and burning down the city, especially the temple. There remained but a remnant of people in the land. I can only imagine the devastation and anguish felt looking around at the external reality. YET, Isaiah was able to take his gaze off his surroundings and keep it on God and His reality. I give praise for the reality that this truth is what we stand on today. My prayer for you as you kick-off a new year is that your gaze would be on Him, His truth and you would experience His joy, hope and strength in a renewed way.
Ending out 2019 was a gift with family, but also a gift in how you continue to support this work. The extra one-time gifts, the prayers and notes of encouragement I received meant a great deal to me. Thank you for making this work possible.
- We will have 4 to 5 teams come within the next 6 months
- Bible Study on the names of God found in the first five books of the Bible where Christians and non-Christians can discover who this God is together
- More intention weekly prayer times gathering others to seek Him and intercede for these people
- Starting research to learn how to equip rising leaders from other cultures with our different values and world views
- Looking for a new roommate as Selina will travel back to Switzerland next week.
- Super Bowl Outreach Activity – using NFL playoffs as a way to deepen friendship
Please join me in giving Him praise as He is faithful to do all and more then we can imagine and pray for us to be led by Him in every step!