Me: Excuse me (smiling), we are on a prayer walk asking God to bless this neighbor, is there anything you would like prayer for?
Stranger: No (looking at me kind of strange)
Me: Really? Are you sure? If God was standing right here and could grant you any miracle, what miracle would you ask for?
Stranger: Nothing (Eyes a bit wider as to say you are a strange lady)
Well this is an example of my last week. Every person I have asked to pray for them have rejected the offer. Yet the strangest joy crept in my heart and is if the Spirit was saying…just keep going. I am reminded that as farmers cultivate the soil, hardness can take some time to become soft and ready to receive the seed. I am convinced that the Spirit is changing the atmosphere and I am convinced that prayer and bringing the presence to these neighborhoods are key ingredients to see His glory fall in this place. Please pray for me to have courage and joy in going out and engaging strangers. Pray for openness to the gospel and curiosity to meet the One True God to grow.
REFUGEEs on the move. Yes the 10-40 window continues to enter Europe. We are working in a crazy moment of history where response, prayer and opportunity exist. Some current tasks I am pursuing:
- Learning more about immigration law and what it takes for refugees to seek asylum in Scandinavia.
- Talking with other workers in other countries that currently have the tens of thousands of people camping in their local parks.
- Attending a conference gathering some key leaders in Europe to understand how the task force is at work and what best practices are happening
- Seeing what type of plan is needed with what resources, being teams or financial, for short-term relief, mid-term transition and long-term adjustments.
- Wanting desperately to be hands and feet of Christ loving our neighbors well
I think you know how to pray. How can we live sacrificial? A friend recently told me that it is nice that people want to come and help, but the cost of sending one person from the states could be equal to 10,000 water bottles to give out immediately. One of the needs in Sweden is to ask people to take in children ages 12 to 15 who have shown up with no parents or family. How can we love sacrificial?