Well there are a few things that I see differently after being back in the states. Americans are not much for crosswalks and I have definitely grown in awareness of them as well as obeying them. Europe does have better coffee. Sweden is missing out on places like Chick-Fil-A and Panera Bread.
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to reconnect with so many. Of course, I did not get to see everyone or have the amount of time I would have liked, but it has been a great few weeks. Getting to spend the holiday with my family was a gift and thankful for the many memories we have shared. Now just a few more days until I head back to Sweden.
Wednesday afternoon I will arrive in Luleå. I am excited to apply everything I learned last semester and dive in. There is still much to learn and I am excited for the journey ahead! Last year was full of transitions and a deep learning curve. This year I am excited to be on the ground in Luleå from the start and anticipate what God is store for us!
Some snapshots of what is coming and things to pray for:
- Traveling back and reconnecting with friends
- Kicking off a new semester both with students at Luleå University as well as my language classes
- Connecting with more people in Sweden and in Europe that are doing similar works
- Short Term Mission opportunities for students and young professionals in Russia and Nigeria
- Asking God for new supporters so that the ministry is fully funded for the next few years
- Wisdom and discernment in taking next steps walking towards our vision