Well there are a few things that I see differently after being back in the states. Americans are not much for crosswalks and I have definitely grown in awareness of them as well as obeying them. Europe does have better coffee. Sweden is missing out on places like Chick-Fil-A and Panera Bread.
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to reconnect with so many. Of course, I did not get to see everyone or have the amount of time I would have liked, but it has been a great few weeks. Getting to spend the holiday with my family was a gift and thankful for the many memories we have shared. Now just a few more days until I head back to Sweden.
Wednesday afternoon I will arrive in Luleå. I am excited to apply everything I learned last semester and dive in. There is still much to learn and I am excited for the journey ahead! Last year was full of transitions and a deep learning curve. This year I am excited to be on the ground in Luleå from the start and anticipate what God is store for us!
Some snapshots of what is coming and things to pray for:
- Traveling back and reconnecting with friends
- Kicking off a new semester both with students at Luleå University as well as my language classes
- Connecting with more people in Sweden and in Europe that are doing similar works
- Short Term Mission opportunities for students and young professionals in Russia and Nigeria
- Asking God for new supporters so that the ministry is fully funded for the next few years
- Wisdom and discernment in taking next steps walking towards our vision
One thought on “God Nytt År! Looking forward…”
Love you Sarah,
So glad you enjoyed your visit with friends and family in the states. Praying for God’s hand on you as you move into the new year with anticipation. Excited to see what happens.